Each includes a wire for better fit along the nose; your choice of elastic or a ribbon for tying (both around the head, not around your ears); a pocket for filter material; and four sizes to provide a good fit for your face (essential for best protection). Made with an outer layer of high-quality, tightly-woven quilting fabric, and an inner layer of sturdy, soft French twill with its brushed side out for comfort. While not a substitute for an N95 mask, a cloth face mask can provide you and your family with some protection from the spread of viruses (and help prevent you from spreading them to others). This protection is increased with the use of a filter material, like a ZEP disposable shop towel, two layers of facial tissue, paper towel, or coffee filter.
Choosing a size:
- Adult XL: for fuller faces, folks with beards (longer beards do decrease the filtering capability of a mask, since particles can enter along the sides), and individuals over 6' tall. (This is the size my husband wears; he has a larger head and a short beard)
- Adult large: for larger adults or teens of most heights with fuller faces (this is the size I wear; I'm 5'11" and overweight)
- Adult medium: for average-sized adults and teens. (This is the size my teens wear.)
- Adult small/tween: for petite adults, 5'2" and under, and tweens. (This is the size my 12-year-old, who is about 5'1", wears)
- Child: for children under age 10.
- Face masks should never be used by children under age 2, and especially not babies! The risk of rebreathing CO2 is much higher with babies and toddlers, and can lead to reduced blood oxygen.
Reorderable: I have more of this fabric on hand; if the quantity for a given size is zero, it just means I will be adding stock again sometime soon (when I finish sewing the current round of orders). If you try to add something with a quantity of zero to your cart, a message will pop up where you can input your email address and the cart will send an automated email when I add stock.