Sleeping Baby Productions teamed up with Wrapsody, an innovative and talented wrap manufacturer, to bring you a brilliant ring sling experience.
Our lightweight, strong ring sling offers softness without compromising support, and a beautiful seat for your baby or toddler both for quick up-and-down errands or for longer carrying adventures!
Our Namaka Artisan Ring Sling:
- Comfort channels move your child's weight to the body structures best suited for carrying!
- Supports children up to 35 pounds on the front, hip, or back.
- Made from a cotton/linen blend that's soft and drapey right out of the package and washes to the brushed silkiness of lightweight flannel.
- Lightweight fabric prevents overheating or feeling "weighted down."
- Range of patterns and styles for every family
- Smaller-than-average rings comfortably fit short torsos and narrow shoulders as well as broad-shouldered or taller torsos.
- Rings are sourced from SlingRings(tm), the safest, most beautiful sling rings in the world.
- Fairly traded
What's special about the fabric blend of the Wrapsody Artisan Ring Sling?
- Linen has a high tensile strength but little elasticity. Cotton adds elasticity or "huggability" to the fabric.
- Linen has been shown to keep people 3-4 degrees cooler than cotton in hot weather, but linen can be stiff. The blend combines temperature regulation with a lovely fabric hand.
- Linen has a natural light-reflective luster and silkiness that adds beauty to natural cotton.
- Linen is smooth and crisp. Adding cotton adds “cush,” adding support on the shoulders to the crisp, cool sensation of the linen fibers.
- Blending cotton with linen reduces wrinkling and creasing and increases fabric longevity.
- Linen resists dirt, stains, and shrinkage.
- Blending linen with cotton causes it to feel comfortable and dry even when slightly damp due to the way it absorbs moisture, such as drool.
This is perfect lightweight sling for a newborn but supportive enough for a toddler who wants frequent ups and downs. ~Sara Kift, Occupational Therapist
Select both a colorway and a size to change the product photo below.
Can this be made with something besides a pleated shoulder?
These slings are already sewn with pleats and packaged, and are not available with different shoulder styles.
Can you make it shorter?
Most of the slings have a decorative design at the bottom of the tail, and cutting it shorter would remove part or all of the design. The tail does make a lovely design statement, and can be used as a sun shade or nursing coverup.
Have a question? Email me and ask.