Important! I will be closing the store for new orders from Tuesday morning, January 23, through January 30 (or possibly the 31st, depending on how much of my website changes I'm able to get done during the coming week). I will do my best to get everything ordered before the 23rd finished by the 30th. If you are ordering a WCRS or any other customer-sent item, please send wraps or sling pieces so that they arrive no later than January 24. This may mean that Monday is too late to order. My apologies for the inconvenience, but there were a lot of last-minute orders and there are only so many hours in the day. Read more
I'll admit it -- I'm a long-time greenie. I like to think that the business I'm in is inherently eco-friendly, because using a sling means you can cut down on the other "necessary" products (like a bulky stroller, infant car seat system, swing, etc.). However, I also make sure that running my business is as low-impact as it can be. Here are some of the things I do to stay green:
- Invoices and wearing hints are printed double-sided on 100% recycled paper, with a note to recycle the page again when it's been read.
- Laser toner cartridges are recycled at the end of their useful lives
- Packaging materials are kept to a miminum, without hang tags, tissue paper, or other additions that, while pretty, are generally just thrown away within moments of opening the package.
- USPS domestic packages are sent in Tyvek® envelopes, which are Cradle-to-Cradle certified, meaning they can be reused and recycled into new Tyvek® products; and the flat-rate boxes are recyclable cardboard.
- International packages are shipped in EcoEnclose recycled/recyclable mailers.
- Incoming Tyvek® envelopes are sent back to Tyvek® to be recycled.
- I use Carbon Fund offsets to neutralize the rest of my business's power usage, and make regular donations to the Natural Resources Defense Council, among other environmental charities.
- Fabric scraps are donated to children's programs in the area for reuse in art projects
I hope that using a carrier with your baby helps you both see the world in all its beauty, and that together, we can keep it green and growing!