Current turnaround time: 1-2 business days
I'll admit it -- I'm a long-time greenie. I like to think that the business I'm in is inherently eco-friendly, because using a sling means you can cut down on the other "necessary" products (like a bulky stroller, infant car seat system, swing, etc.). However, I also make sure that running my business is as low-impact as it can be. Here are some of the things I do to stay green:
- Invoices and wearing hints are printed double-sided on 100% recycled paper, with a note to recycle the page again when it's been read.
- Laser toner cartridges are recycled at the end of their useful lives
- Packaging materials are kept to a miminum, without hang tags, tissue paper, or other additions that, while pretty, are generally just thrown away within moments of opening the package.
- USPS domestic packages are sent in Tyvek® envelopes, which are Cradle-to-Cradle certified, meaning they can be reused and recycled into new Tyvek® products; and the flat-rate boxes are recyclable cardboard.
- International packages are shipped in EcoEnclose recycled/recyclable mailers.
- Incoming Tyvek® envelopes are sent back to Tyvek® to be recycled.
- I use Carbon Fund offsets to neutralize the rest of my business's power usage, and make regular donations to the Natural Resources Defense Council, among other environmental charities.
- Fabric scraps are donated to children's programs in the area for reuse in art projects
I hope that using a carrier with your baby helps you both see the world in all its beauty, and that together, we can keep it green and growing!