My childrens' April break is from the 21st through the 29th. You may still place an order during that time, but I'll be taking that week to be with them and not in the sewing room. If possible, please order before April 19 if you have time-sensitive needs. I will resume sewing after the break on Monday, April 30. Thank you for your patience!
While things have changed for ring slings in the regulatory sphere, all my custom-sewn slings have passed the sling standard, and the clearance section, having been sewn before the standard took effect, is exempt.
Current turnaround time: one business day
I'll admit it -- I'm a long-time greenie. I like to think that the business I'm in is inherently eco-friendly, because using a sling means you can cut down on the other "necessary" products (like a bulky stroller, infant car seat system, swing, etc.). However, I also make sure that running my business is as low-impact as it can be. Here are some of the things I do to stay green:
- Invoices and wearing hints are printed double-sided on 100% recycled paper, with a note to recycle the page again when it's been read.
- Laser toner cartridges are recycled at the end of their useful lives
- Packaging materials are kept to a miminum, without hang tags, tissue paper, or other additions that, while pretty, are generally just thrown away within moments of opening the package.
- USPS domestic packages are sent in Tyvek® envelopes, which are Cradle-to-Cradle certified, meaning they can be reused and recycled into new Tyvek® products; and the flat-rate boxes are recyclable cardboard.
- International packages are shipped in EcoEnclose recycled/recyclable mailers.
- Incoming Tyvek® envelopes are sent back to Tyvek® to be recycled.
- I use Carbon Fund offsets to neutralize the rest of my business's power usage, and make regular donations to the Natural Resources Defense Council, among other environmental charities.
- Fabric scraps are donated to children's programs in the area for reuse in art projects
I hope that using a carrier with your baby helps you both see the world in all its beauty, and that together, we can keep it green and growing!